Wearable Computing - Vorlesung im Wintersemester 2007/2008
Dr. Holger Kenn (Microsoft EMIC)
Hendrik Witt (TZI)
V 2 SWS Mo von 13:00 - 15:00 ECO5 1.51
Take-up Exams will take place on April 21st. Please contact me via e-mail for appointments. Holger
Information on the oral exams can be found below on this page
Unfortunately, both Hendrik and me caught a bad cold over the holiday season and we both cannot talk for long.
Therefore, there will be no lecture on Monday, 7th of January.
On Monday, December 17th, there is no lecture taking place.
On December 10th, Prof. Thad Starner from Georgia Tech will be at TZI for Hendrik Witts Ph.D. Defense and he will give a surprise guest lecture in our course.
Information on the previous lecture (WS 05/06) can be found here
As Holger Kenn is no longer working at TZI but at Microsoft EMIC in Aachen, lecture-related appointments
can only take place on Monday morning.
Die Vorlesung beginnt am Monday, 29.10.2005
The course starts on Monday, 29.10.2005
- Lecture 1, 29.10.07
- Lecture 2, 05.11.07 History and Research
- As we may think, Vannevar Bush
- Wearables in 2005 (DARPA Workshop 1996), from the web archive
- Wearable computing at TZI
- TZI WearWIKI
- EU FP7 Project WearIT@Work
- Asim Smailagic, CMU
- Dan Siewiorek, CMU
- ETH Zürich
- Steve Mann, Toronto
- Thad Starner, Georgia Tech
- Bruce Thomas, Unv. of South Australia
- Hans Gellersen, Lancaster
- Bernd Schiele, TU Darmstadt
- Paul Lukowicz, Uni Passau
- Lecture 3, 12.11.07 Output
- Lecture 4, 19.11.07 Input
- Lecture 5, 26.11.07 Human Computer Interaction
- Lecture 6, 02.12.07 Human Computer Interaction
- Surprise Lecture 7, 10.12.07 (by Thad Starner)
- Lecture 8, 14.01.08 Sensors and Context
- Lecture 9, 28.01.08 CTT, AbstractUI, WearableUI and Evaluation